Wednesday 12 October 2011

Coming out of the reusable sanpro closet!



Ok, so it had to happen sooner or later. I confess; I use cloth pads and I love them! They have a bit of a crunchy granola, fundamental christian, home-schooling reputation but I buck that trend. I have no kids and I work at a a school and I'm an atheist :) I care about my body and about the environment so I decided to invest in some beautiful cloth pads. They are quite pricey compared to their plasticky throw-away counterparts so I thought I'd try to make my own before buying more.

I have tried to make some of my own before but didn't have great results due to me being a completely noob seamstress who didn't really understand seam allowances! Today I had another try with some fabric that was RAK'ed to me and has a holiday theme which made me smile. I'm chuffed with the result and have since made a couple more!

That's fleece on the back and cotton flannel on top, with a cotton terry and pul core.


No comments:

Post a Comment